Intermatic CA3750 Z-wave contactor

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I have an Intermatic automation system (PE635 and PE953 handheld) and have recently added the CA3750. The CA3750 is wired to handle my spa blower with one circuit and a waterfall with the other (2 X SPST). I'm a little confused on how to program it with the Z-wave.

Currently, I can turn the blower on and off with the include switch on the front of the device, however, it does not turn on the motor. The label on the front says when in the 2XSPST setting, you can use the switch for Off/Off and On/Off. This is confusing to me as it should be Off/Off, On/Off, Off/On, and On/On? In any case, I can't get the motor to turn on....the blower just turns on and off.

With my handheld, I am able to get the spa blower to turn on and off using a scene, but I'm not sure how to program the motor. As I understand it, when you have it set to 2XSPST, you get two different Z-wave devices.

I'm not very familiar with Z-wave, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Bill

No clue on Z-Wave operation.

The manual is fairly clear how the local button works, it either turns the first switch on/off, or it turns both switches on/off at the same time. The local button does not have any option to control the second switch separately from the first.

I'm assuming it then needs to be in 1XDTSP to turn both switches on or off at the same time? Since mine is in 2XSPST, I can't control the 2nd switch?

Bill

No clue on Z-Wave operation.

The manual is fairly clear how the local button works, it either turns the first switch on/off, or it turns both switches on/off at the same time. The local button does not have any option to control the second switch separately from the first.

I called Intermatic yesterday and inquired how to program the CA3750 with the PE953 handheld. Intermatic just got back to me and said it is not possible. The device can only be used to control a single circuit.....not both circuits of the CA3750. This does not make sense to me. Need help! Thanks.

Many people seem to be having the same problem you are having. It seems that some Z-Wave remotes recognize both switches, but most don't. I saw a mention that the CA5500BR remote might work correctly with both switches, but I can't confirm that.

It appears that Intermatic didn't implement the Z-Wave protocol completely in the 953 so it's not really a true Z-wave remote.

As Jason said, the CA5500BR is reported to operate both channels, but since I don't have one at my disposal, I can't say with 100% certainty that it will.

Do you have any other Z-Wave devices?

I have new issues now. I was trying to sync the 953 handheld with a Aeon S2 Z-stick. I was finally able to get them to sync and the display on the 953 when blank. All I had was a blank backlit display. I've removed and reinstalled the batteries and tried to enter learn mode with no success. Intermatic has been no help so far. There does not appear to be anyway to reset the device.

At this point, I can't recommend the Intermatic Z-wave equipment. I have called Intermatic several times and virtually no one there can answer even basic questions. Everyone refers me to "Frank" who seems helpful but overwhelmed. They clearly don't have any bench strength.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.