HELP! Building Pool next to Pecan Tree - Paramount PCC 2000

Sep 5, 2012
A friend is building a pool next to a pecan tree and one builder has told him the "self cleaning" Paramount PCC 2000 can handle the pecans in the pool. Another builder told him that he didn't think it would be able to handle it. This is obviously a big upgrade and he was curious if anyone had any experience or thoughts on this.

All comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for your experience and help!

A pool next to a pecan tree...that's nuts! Sorry couldn't restrain myself.

No particular experience with a paramount, seems robust. Although it is still moving debris through the piping to the canister. I would be hesitant to funnel pecans, or any large roundish objects, to any buried piping. From experience, I know that just a few acorns can jam up a vacuum hose rather quickly. Not exactly the same scenario, but similar.

I have the Paramount PCC2000 IFC system in my pool. I can't speak about nuts, but the nozzles really do put out some pressure and I would imagine that the system could push them towards the main drain without any problems. Your friend needs to work with the pool builder to make sure that the MDX floor drain has large enough openings to be able to suck up the nuts. If the nuts pass through, then go for it. If they don't fit through, then you'll always be manually cleaning them off the floor.

My recommendation is to go for it anyway. The system really works and is really zero-effort. So the nuts might not fit, but it's good for everything else.

I've found a few small acorns (medium jalapeno size) in the pool and in my PV3 debris bag. Interestingly the closest oak tree is at least a half mile away. As a random occasional thing I'm okay with this but I doubt I would deliberately tempt fate knowing that nuttage [snic] is a continual problem.

Fortunately my pecan trees are not close enough for the pecans to get in my pool but I do get the 8 to 10 sticks that shed off of the tree yearly that cause me problems. These sticks weigh less than the pecans and the wind carries them into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.