Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Spa Owner in the Frozen North

1. Back To Top    #1

New Spa Owner in the Frozen North

My wife and I made the impulse buy of our first spa this Christmas, and we LOVE IT! I'm not new to pools, by any means - I work at the largest indoor pool in the world. But, running your own "little pool" (only 400 gal) actually takes more effort than running a huge body of water where everything is automated.

We love the pool calculator - makes everything quick and painless.

Looking forward to getting to being part of the community.
    400 Gallon, 6 person acrylic spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Spa Owner in the Frozen North

Welcome to TFP!

Wishing my tub was running this winter. Wasn't using it a lot in the fall so I decided to drain for the winter. That was a mistake! A soak would be nice about now...

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Spa Owner in the Frozen North

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

Wishing my tub was running this winter. Wasn't using it a lot in the fall so I decided to drain for the winter. That was a mistake! A soak would be nice about now...

Fill er up then!

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100