Hayward H350FDP heat will not fire up

Jan 22, 2015
melbourne, fl
I have a Hayward H350FDP propane heater for my spa that is about 7 years old. It turned the unit on this weekend which is run at least a couple times a month and I could hear the blowing blowing but the heat and gas would not kick on. What kind of things can I trouble shoot to see what the problem might be? The only error code on the screen was b0 which I think it just something to do with a bypass to use the remote. Thanks

I have a Hayward H350FDP propane heater for my spa that is about 7 years old. It turned the unit on this weekend which is run at least a couple times a month and I could hear the blowing blowing but the heat and gas would not kick on. What kind of things can I trouble shoot to see what the problem might be? The only error code on the screen was b0 which I think it just something to do with a bypass to use the remote. Thanks

What kind of trouble shooting step can I take?

First thing is I would make sure you are actually getting gas out of the regulator by the heater. It hopefully has a drip leg that you could removed the cap and then turn the valve on to see if it's flowing. If it is, then I would suspect the ignitor since you don't hear the typical sparking sound they make.

First thing is I would make sure you are actually getting gas out of the regulator by the heater. It hopefully has a drip leg that you could removed the cap and then turn the valve on to see if it's flowing. If it is, then I would suspect the ignitor since you don't hear the typical sparking sound they make.

Ha, just realized the guy from Suburban Propane turned off my gas supply to the spa heater last time he was out!!! Sometimes the most simple solution is the answer. Thanks for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.