Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H350FDP heat will not fire up

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H350FDP heat will not fire up

I have a Hayward H350FDP propane heater for my spa that is about 7 years old. It turned the unit on this weekend which is run at least a couple times a month and I could hear the blowing blowing but the heat and gas would not kick on. What kind of things can I trouble shoot to see what the problem might be? The only error code on the screen was b0 which I think it just something to do with a bypass to use the remote. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward H350FDP heat will not fire up

Quote Originally Posted by adamra1 View Post
    I have a Hayward H350FDP propane heater for my spa that is about 7 years old. It turned the unit on this weekend which is run at least a couple times a month and I could hear the blowing blowing but the heat and gas would not kick on. What kind of things can I trouble shoot to see what the problem might be? The only error code on the screen was b0 which I think it just something to do with a bypass to use the remote. Thanks
    What kind of trouble shooting step can I take?

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Yes the bo is for bypass operation. Are there no error codes on the display? I'm guess this is propane, FD"P", so are you sure you have propane?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Yes the bo is for bypass operation. Are there no error codes on the display? I'm guess this is propane, FD"P", so are you sure you have propane?
    Yes definitely have propane. No other error codes on the display aside from b0. The blower is blowing air out of the exhaust on top of the heater but the propane is not igniting.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Do you hear the ignitor clicking, smell propane?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

6. Back To Top    #6

Do you hear the ignitor clicking, smell propane?
    No it is not clicking and I am not smelling any propane

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

First thing is I would make sure you are actually getting gas out of the regulator by the heater. It hopefully has a drip leg that you could removed the cap and then turn the valve on to see if it's flowing. If it is, then I would suspect the ignitor since you don't hear the typical sparking sound they make.
    Paul

8. Back To Top    #8

First thing is I would make sure you are actually getting gas out of the regulator by the heater. It hopefully has a drip leg that you could removed the cap and then turn the valve on to see if it's flowing. If it is, then I would suspect the ignitor since you don't hear the typical sparking sound they make.
    Ha, just realized the guy from Suburban Propane turned off my gas supply to the spa heater last time he was out!!! Sometimes the most simple solution is the answer. Thanks for the help

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Glad you found the issue.
    Paul