Trying to keep up with filtration

Hi All,

I have posted previously regarding a pool which constantly has a green looking shade to the water.
It was been determined that pollen from my nearby (overhanging) Gum tree is the cause of my water colour problems.

If I add some water clarifying liquid (Polysheen Plus by Bioguard) and run the filter for 24 hours the pool clears up very well and looks good. The problem is that I'm constantly having to clean my cartridge and run the pump for excessively long periods to keep the pool water clear.

My pool has the Vantage in floor cleaning system with it's own independent pump.

I was wondering if I added a cartridge filter to the in floor cleaning system if it would help keep the water looking better. has anyone done this before?

I currently run the filter and SWG@50% for 8 hours a day and the water still seems to have problems staying clear.

My thoughts are to add a cartridge filter to the in floor cleaning circuit and then run both pumps for around 4-6 hours a day together with the SWG turned up to say 75%.

any handy tips or a different approach would be greatly appreciated.

Does the pollen tend to float on the surface for a time? If so improving the in-floor cleaning system is not going to make a significant difference. The key to handling floating debris is to have a good circulation pattern that carries debris to the skimmer, and to run the pump for several short periods spread across the day, so you clear surface debris as quickly as possible before it sinks to the bottom.

Also, could you post a full set of water test results? Many of the questions you ask come down to chemistry issues, which are impossible to answer without knowing the water chemistry.

The particles seem to sink fairly quickly.
When I turn on the cleaning jets all the fine particles become suspended and I can catch a fair amount with the hand skimmer.
I also have a solar blanket over the pool when not in use during the day (almost all the time), but I still manage to find plenty of dirt and pollen in the water.

My water is currently balanced at
FC=7
CC=0
Ph=7.6
TA=65
CH=350
CYA=70

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.