Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best time to buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best time to buy?

In the market for new set of pool steps for my pool. When is the best time to shop. Are there better deals to be had now or in the spring. Thanks!
    12,900 AGP, Sand filter,Hayward SPX1515Z2ES Two Speed Motor PowerFlo LX pump, Aquabot Jr, TF100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best time to buy?

I signed a contract for a pool mid-October in Houston. After I signed I asked what the cost of my pool would be in April/may. The answer was 15%-20% more.

I don't know if there is a bid discount for a smaller project like that though.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

3. Back To Top    #3

Makes sense. I was more wondering what if any pool stores or online sites offered discounts or coupon codes to purchase. Just need some of the plastic sets you assemble and weight down in an above ground. Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

Whoops!!! Sorry.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

5. Back To Top    #5

The pool store where I bought my steps said they only order once per year (fall or spring, can't remember) and that the price is the same all year but less availability the deeper into summer you get. I don't know how accurate this is or if is the same for all of the pool stores. It doesn't really make sense to me but that is what I was told.
    TF-100 | 13.6k gal (24' Round) AG | Chlorine | Sand Filter | Two Speed Motor | Installed June 2014 | Last Opened April 24 2016

6. Back To Top    #6

Try doheny.com they have sales all the time. I have gotten some good deals from them after Labor Day. Also, have you tried Craigslist or eBay? IF you live in or close to a larger town, you might find people selling exactly what you need for a deep discount on Craigslist.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

7. Back To Top    #7

I would definitely check Craig's List. If you can't find a deal, check online and shop around. Good luck in your search!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter