Cant understand 3rd automated valve on pool setup

Oct 27, 2014
Heartland
Hi all-
So this community has already helped me out in my 4 short months of being a pool owner so I wanted to give another question a shot. My pool has 3 automated valves in the piping set up. 2 are before the pump and switch when placed in pool or spa mode and I understand them completely. The 3rd is directly on the outlet of the pump and is in between my cartridge filter and heater for either the spa or pool and the other goes to a Polaris cleaner in the pool. So there are only 2 outputs on the valve so I am just confused what the point was of putting the automated valve in this spot. I basically can either have the pool sweeper on or run water through my filter....makes no sense. I take the valve to the middle position and just turn the toggle switch off. If someone can understand why this valve makes since please let me know. I am planning a re-plumbing project this spring and if the valve has no use I would rather just put a manual 3 way valve in its place.

Looks like it can control the flow of your pool cleaner its probably on a schedule so that when the pool cleaner isn't running its not always restricting the water actually thats exactly what it is now that i look at it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.