I purchased my home in August 2014. I have never had to touch the pump or any other components as everything turned on fine and worked flawlessly. Just the other day, I noticed the control pad inside the house was completely off. I inspected the breakers and noticed that the breaker had been tripped. I just had an electrician over to test wiring, breakers, etc. He traced the issue to the pump itself. However, he is not comfortable working on pool motors.
The pump is a Whisperflo. I have attached an image of the sticker on the pump itself. I have also attached a picture of the wiring for the pump. He noted that when he unplugs the white wire in the image, the pump will start and the breaker will not trip, however when the white wire is on the breaker trips. The circuit breaker is set up for 230v (double pole) and tested fine by the electrician. I'm not sure if the pump is going out or if it has been wired incorrectly from the start.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.