Pop-up Cleaner

Jan 20, 2015
Las Vegas
I bought a home with a pool that was inoperable; so I had it replastered and bought all new equipment. The pool is now up and running, and is fantastic! However, one of the few remaining items for me to figure out has to do with an apparent pop-up cleaner that I have on the landing of my pool.

When the pool was re-plastered, the put an eyeball in where the pop-up cleaner goes :p Needless to say, I figured that wasn't the right "fitting" for that hole. I've been told that what I need to put there is a pop-up cleaner that cleans off the big step landing in the pool. That being said - I can't figure out how a pop-up cleaner works. I've never been able to feel any water coming out of there; when the pump is on, and returning to the pool, or when the cleaner is on (I run a sideport cleaner). Is this normal? How do the pop-up cleaners work?

Thanks!

Sorry for taking so long to respond; but here's a picture of my pump/filter/heater setup, and a picture of the hole where I'm assuming the pop-up cleaner goes. Notice that there's an eyeball in there . . . I haven't bothered taking it out yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the pics

My bet is that bobo got it right. That looks like an umbrella sleeve. Pull the fitting out and probe around. I think you will find that it's just a sleeve with no plumbing to it.

I am not sure I would go 100% that it is an umbrella sleeve ... maybe 95%. It is possible it could be a bubbler jet in that location as well.

What does that small pipe with the closed ball valve do that is in front of the filter? That could be for a bubbler, or it could be a bypass to feed a little water to the spa to keep it chlorinated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The small pipe with the ball valve coming off of the return line runs to an in-deck chlorinator.

No water has ever come out of that "hole" on the landing . . . BUT, I have never checked it when I have the chlorinator turned on . . . I'll make sure to do that. Otherwise, I'll take the fitting out and feel around.

Thanks everyone!

A bubbler, or small fountain would be cool. Keep us updated. Can you take a closer/overhead picture of the fitting? I'm still leaning towards an umbrella holder.
5840_4_20117413122.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.