Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you have a separate spa schedule with no heat?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you have a separate spa schedule with no heat?

Hi,

Have an easytouch system. The SPA circuit has heat by default. Can I setup another circuit to control the same valves without heat? Basically I'd like to turn on the spa 5 to 10 minutes a day on a schedule to suck stuff off the bottom and keep it clean. But I don't need the heat for that, it would be a waste. Can I do that with these units?

TIA!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can you have a separate spa schedule with no heat?

It isn't exactly the same thing, but would spillover mode do what you want?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I think you can configure another circuit and call it something else like Pool 2 or whatever to make it circulate.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Curious if you get a solution. I wanted to do this for the same reason (esp in the summer wanted some circulation in there). I ended up setting it to go on for 30 minutes, but kept the heat temp below the actual water temp, so the heater wouldn't kick in. Then I would manually raise the heat when I wanted to use the tub (in the summer use it infrequently, so not a real pain...) Would be good to have it correctly set. Also on Easytouch4.
    12,400 Gals, IG plaster, Pentair DE Filter, Pentair EasyTouch Automation, Pentair Intellflo 2HP, SWG Pentair Intelliclor, Heater 400k BTU Gas, 800 Gallon Spa (shared)

5. Back To Top    #5

There is a configuration setting within easytouch the disables the auto on heat when moving to spa mode - can't think of it off the top of my head and the name is not obvious but it's definitely there
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

6. Back To Top    #6

no because that doesn't suck the bottom...