Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air Bubbles In Return To Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Question Air Bubbles In Return To Pool

Hello TFPer's....

Just a quick question... I've recently upgraded all the plumbing, fittings, and cartridge filter, on my above ground pool, but I've got air in my return.... I can see it in the water, I can hear it, and when the solar cover is on it creates a bubble underneath it....

The intake and returns are all good, so I'm thinking maybe the filter or the pump is where I've got the leak???

Thanks in advance
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Air Bubbles In Return To Pool

Somewhere on the suction side. Check your pump lid first and work upstream from there. Air is getting in somehow...
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Thanks Brushpup...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Any 2 way or 3 way valves in front of pump real common for those after years of aging to suck air could just need some new o rings
    David Randolph
    Warranty Station
    Pentair
    Jandy
    Owner Sac Pool Pros

5. Back To Top    #5

Use a garden hose on various areas of the suction side

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

All my stuff is brand spanking new, hoses, cartridge and pump, I think I've located the leaks... The cartridge filter seems to be the perpetrator... Thanks again guys....