Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Precipitate in my hardness reagent R-0012

1. Back To Top    #1

Livermore, CA

Precipitate in my hardness reagent R-0012

Hi you all,
    The other day, I was doing my monthly CH testing. I noticed that my R-0012 has a little amount of floating precipitate in it. Is that normal? I read the Extended Test Kit directions hoping for guidance, but did not find anything. FWIW, my TF-100 and the CH reagents are less than year old. And, I have always stored them inside, where it is climate controlled. I have tested outside over the summer/swim season, but I did not keep my kit in the sunlight for too long. It has got to last a year, or that is just simply crazy.
    19k gal IG plaster, built '70s, probably resurfaced in '80s-'90s; Blue Haven Hayward filter C4520BHMB (Filbur FC-1275 cartridges); Hayward MaxFlo sp2302 VSP 1.5hp; 6 solar panels 288. sq. ft. total (142"x47.5" ea.) on 1 story hm; Pentair Compool LX220 Solar Controller; Polaris 280; FlowVis flow meter; 1 Intermatic manual timer for Polaris; AG 300 gal AquaTerra spa; TF-100 & Speedstir; gone: Pentair Challenger 3/4 HP 1 speed

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Precipitate in my hardness reagent R-0012

I have never had a report of the R-0012 having any contaminate......that's a first.

PM me with your name and I'll get it taken care of for you.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School