Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easytouch GFCI Pool Light Relay

1. Back To Top    #1

Easytouch GFCI Pool Light Relay

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am installing an Easytouch 8.

I have a single pool light.

I have a GFCI circuit breaker in the Easytouch exclusively for the pool light.

I want the Easytouch to control the pool light.

Do I wire both the hot and neutral from the GFCI circuit breaker to the relay or just the hot?

Typically you do not switch the neutral, ever, even with a relay.

The reason I am asking is because of this post from wayback, answer #19. I just want to make sure I understand this answer.

Thanks, great forum, great website!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Easytouch GFCI Pool Light Relay

You wire hot from the circuit breaker to the appropriate relay, and then run hot from there to the GFI outlet. Neutral bypasses the relay, going directly from the breaker (if it is a GFCI breaker) or the neutral bar (plain breaker) to the outlet.

I will have to go back and re-read that old post and see if something else is going on there or if it is just wrong. {{{EDIT}}}It was just wrong.{{{/EDIT}}}
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    long beach

Re: Easytouch GFCI Pool Light Relay

Neutral from circuit lands on gfi breaker. Pre wired Neutral from gfi to neutral bar.