Aux7 on EasyTouch 4

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Jason,

Another learning opportunity for me.. The OP originally said that he has an Easy Touch 4 and above he said he was using Aux7. So does that mean he really has an Easy Touch 8, or does it mean that an Easy Touch 4 only has four relays but still has the ability to use all 7 Aux buttons? My panel is labeled to show Buttons 4 thru 7 for "Easy Touch 8" only. It would be great if I can use them on my Easy Touch 4.

Thanks,

Jim R.

As I understand it, an EasyTouch 4 still has Aux 4 through Aux 7, but they are treated like feature circuits, i.e. do not have a relay but otherwise work. This despite the manual saying otherwise in several places.

Acho,

I tried it, but never reported back. :oops: AUX4-7 and their respective buttons work, even on the EasyTouch4.. Obviously they can only be used for functions that need no relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Acho,

I tried it, but never reported back. :oops: AUX4-7 and their respective buttons work, even on the EasyTouch4.. Obviously they can only be used for functions that need no relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

I played with my easytouch 4 this afternoon and even called pentair cust support but my battery went dead after 40 mins on hold :(

I can asign functions to aux-4-7 and schedule them but no luck with calling them with button press.

Can you please explain ho did you make it to work

Thanks

P.S. I want to use functions not requiring relay

I think I just set up a feature that increased my pump speed when I pushed the Aux7 button. It was not something that I kept, I was just seeing if it would work. I'll try it again, tomorrow, and let you know what I find. Assuming it is not still RAINING!!!

Jim R.

Acho,

Still raining, but slowed down enough for me to run a quick test.

As a test, I set up a new speed for my pump at 2600 and assigned it to AuX7. Saved it. When I push the AUX7 button the pump ramps up to 2600, but the AUX7 light did not come on. If I push the button again the pump ramps back down. The last time I did this, I thought that the light came on, but now I'm not so sure. I was going to try and schedule AUX7 and see how that worked, but it started raining AGAIN, so it's back inside for now.

If you let me know what it is you are trying to do with the button command, I'll try it on my end and see what I can make it do.

Edit.. I scheduled AUX7 and it seems to work fine. Pump increased and decreased speed as programmed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Acho,

Still raining, but slowed down enough for me to run a quick test.

As a test, I set up a new speed for my pump at 2600 and assigned it to AuX7. Saved it. When I push the AUX7 button the pump ramps up to 2600, but the AUX7 light did not come on. If I push the button again the pump ramps back down. The last time I did this, I thought that the light came on, but now I'm not so sure. I was going to try and schedule AUX7 and see how that worked, but it started raining AGAIN, so it's back inside for now.

If you let me know what it is you are trying to do with the button command, I'll try it on my end and see what I can make it do.

Edit.. I scheduled AUX7 and it seems to work fine. Pump increased and decreased speed as programmed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your help. I tested it with different speeds for the pump and spillway on aux 6 and 7 and it works. I might be working last Friday but I expected to see the LED illuminated which obviously not going to happen but it dost what I want it to do :)

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.