Standard Equipment that comes with a UK 12ft Doughboy Steel Pool.

Jun 3, 2014
England
I'm thinking of buying a 12ft steel frame pool. Just gathering information at the moment, to try and put a budget together. I've been looking at the Doughboy Regent Round Steel 12ft Pool.

On the site I'm looking at, the standard kit includes, 'Deluxe Sand Filtration Unit with sand and Power Pump'. I contacted the retailers for more information and got this, 'I believe it would be a 1/3hp pump with a 14" diameter sand filter.', and when I pressed further, 'The manufacturer have confirmed at this time it is a 16" filter with 0.5hp pump.'.

I don't know what this means, but it seems like a lot less information that when I was looking at Intex products last summer - I don't want intex, but there was a lot more information to compare and study.

What questions should I be asking?
Does anyone have any experience of these pumps / filters?
Any other recommendations for equipment to use with this pool?

Thanks in advance :)

I love my Intex too Laceygirl, but you can't get a deep 12ft pool here. There was one on the intex website last year, but I can't find it this year & definitely not seen any for sale in the UK - happy to be proved wrong - therefore we'd only be able to have the 30" metal frame intex. I want some depth.

I did contemplate the 9 x 18 ultra frame, but I think it would take up too much garden, with the supports down the side.

The 12ft round, would take most for the width of the garden, but only for one small bit, then it would be decreasing. I'm not describing this very well am I :D

Thanks Brushpup, glad it makes sense to you.

This is what I mean size wise.
Garden ends on the thin cell, i.e. 4 1/2 metres wides.

12ft pool

9 x 18 ft pool, with base & top water dimensions.

Blue is pool.
Grey circle is trampoline and green shape the shed.

Very happy to be corrected on anything ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.