Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: is this estimate reasonable?

1. Back To Top    #1

is this estimate reasonable?

I think its a little weird how the labor AND materials to add a bench around my entire shallow end is less than the labor to set the single row of tiles. Also not going to do the booster pump.

I was wondering about the mastic/sealer between the coping and pool deck. If I plan on replacing the pool deck with pavers in the next year or two what should I do about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: is this estimate reasonable?

I've never renovated a pool, but I've done plenty of tile work. It isn't the labor to set the tile, it is the labor to remove the tile and clean up the substrate prior to setting the tile that gets you. That is hard work.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah I recently replaced a broken tile in a bathroom so I can see that.

So the mastic seems like kind of a waste if i am going to be laying pavers in the future?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Nickmpower View Post
    I think its a little weird how the labor AND materials to add a bench around my entire shallow end is less than the labor to set the single row of tiles. Also not going to do the booster pump.

I was wondering about the mastic/sealer between the coping and pool deck. If I plan on replacing the pool deck with pavers in the next year or two what should I do about this?
    Prices seem in line with numbers I saw in planning my remodel work. Deck O Seal seams a little high but if that is the entire perimeter of the pool it probably is reasonable. I wouldn't do the deck o seal if you are redoing your deck in the near future.
    ~15K gal, IG gunite with new Wetedge Satin Matrix Pebble Finish installed mid 04/14, 1 HP Pentair Challanger pump, Sta-rite System 3 300 sqft cartridge filter, G3 cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, i'd wait to do the deckoseal until everything is finished. Deckoseal should be around $4 per foot.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach