Seems like I have an EasyTouch 4 or 8 control panel with an IntelliTouch Indoor Control Panel (p/n 520138). At least I think this is what I have. And it does not work well. Is this supposed to work at all? (I've bought it with the house, and already fired the pool maintenance person who installed it, so can't really ask.)
If interested, here are some of my problems:
- If I adjust the spa temperature on the indoor control panel, it starts to display a message about the configurations mismatching, and asks me which one to use, indoor or outdoor. If I select outdoor, it pulls the config from the outdoor control panel, but then the temperature adjustment is lost. If I adjust the temperature again, the same thing repeats.
- If after getting the config mismatch error on the indoor control panel, I select to use indoor config, then it overwrites the outdoor control panel's config with some totally bogus config: pool circuit is renamed security light, schedules are messed up totally, and the most weird is the circuit function for the aux1 (cleaner booster pump) circuit gets set to some weird character string: "alpha - alpha - triangle".
So it awfully seems like the outdoor control panel and the indoor control panel are not speaking the same exact language.
- Am I doing something wrong?
- Is there a magic setting that makes these compatible?
- Or did my system just got installed totally wrong, and I have to replace one or the other?