Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New IG Pool Construction - NW Houston, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face New IG Pool Construction - NW Houston, TX

Wanted to post some pics of my pool process and share with ours as I have been able to research on here and learn what I like and don’t like. This is a great forum. We started the pool build on December 9, 2014. I think we have 1-2 more weeks and should be done. The recent bad weather has put a little bit of a damper on the process. Let me know what you guys think.

Rick

Dig Begins

Spa Plumbing

Electricity running through the pool
    IG 23k gallon, 20’x 40’, 3.5’ - 5.5’ - 4’ deep, AquaBlue Pebble sheen, 18” Raised Freeform spa, 5 Ton Waterfall tiled grotto, Fire Pit, 2 scuppers, bench with in pool table, 12" raised wall and raised deck, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 Led Pool and Spa lights with automation, Hayward Aqua Logic wireless remote, Hayward EcoStar VSP 3400, 400k Hayward Heater, 320 Chlorinator, Polaris 280 Cleaner, 2hp pump, Polaris blower, Glow in Dark tile

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New IG Pool Construction - NW Houston, TX

Fire Pit

Gunite Begins

Table and bench in pool

Waterfall Rocks
    IG 23k gallon, 20’x 40’, 3.5’ - 5.5’ - 4’ deep, AquaBlue Pebble sheen, 18” Raised Freeform spa, 5 Ton Waterfall tiled grotto, Fire Pit, 2 scuppers, bench with in pool table, 12" raised wall and raised deck, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 Led Pool and Spa lights with automation, Hayward Aqua Logic wireless remote, Hayward EcoStar VSP 3400, 400k Hayward Heater, 320 Chlorinator, Polaris 280 Cleaner, 2hp pump, Polaris blower, Glow in Dark tile

3. Back To Top    #3

Waterfall/Grotto and jumping rock

Travertine arrived

Grotto

Water line tile

Coping and raised deck

4. Back To Top    #4

Tile under Grotto

Stone on fire pit

Spa

Hand chiseled each piece

Scupper plumbing

Table Top template

Getting ready for acrylic deck

Can see the raised deck forming

Added more rock to top

5. Back To Top    #5

OH pretty! Those tiles under the water fall are neat.

Can't wait to see the decking for the firepit.

Love the stools and table idea!

Thanks for sharing.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Great pics and a great looking pool. We all enjoy watching the progress. I really like that tile!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good
    34x48 40,000 gal mt lake concrete wall vinyl lined pool,gli 28 mil blk granite liner w/sure-step, pentair easy touch 8 w/screen logic,pentair fnsp 48 filter,2 pentair intellichlor vs pumps, pentair intellichlor ic60, 3 pentair led intellibrate 5g lights, 4 pentair magic stream Laminars, 12 ton moss rock waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

Finally laid down the concrete deck.

9. Back To Top    #9

Where do I want to sit first? Under the waterfall? At the table IN the water? By the firepit??

I guess I will just to try them all!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Yeah now the fun part new patio furniture. More $$$!!!