Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stains in plaster pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Stains in plaster pool

I have some stains in my plaster pool, mostly on the bottom. Will Ascorbic acid help to remove them. It almost looks like dirt stains. MA does very little to remove them.
    Thanks
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stains in plaster pool

The best way to find out is to try. Get a vitamin C tablet and hold it against one of the stains for 30 seconds. If you see an obvious improvement then an ascorbic acid treatment will help.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stains in plaster pool

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf
    I have some stains in my plaster pool, mostly on the bottom. Will Ascorbic acid help to remove them. It almost looks like dirt stains. MA does very little to remove them.
    Thanks
    How did you apply the MA?

If you applied it directly to the stain using a pvc pipe or tube then try the vitamin C like Jason Lion suggested. Otherwise try to get the acid on the stain using a pvc pipe. I also used a squeeze bottle once but the pipe is better.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam