CYA too high

Re: CYA to high

When you have your first pool, are trying to digest all the information, and are reading everything possible it's overwhelming.
boy, you can say that again. I say it's like trying to drink from a fire hose. Everything coming at you at once.

It will all start to come together. For me it was the day I tested my pH and reached for the muratic acid without having to think about what I needed.......

Boats, if you water your grass, use pool water to do it, and then use the water you would have put on the plants to fill your pool. I had a CYA in excess of 230 when I bought my pool. I hardly ever used pucks after seeing the TFP website and strategy. I use only liquid bleach (I buy mine at Aldi's stores) and added it daily. I pumped out about a quarter of my water once, and watered my lawn well. Otherwise, mainly normal degradation over 1 year. My CYA is now around 30. I recently bought a stenner pump to add a doset of chlorine each day.

I was in the same situation as merkurmaniac. Bought house with a pool. A printout from a pool store said CYA 50 (LOL) when in fact
after TF100 test indicated well beyond 100+. Previous owner had used pucks for years, advised me to throw in 2-3 pucks every week.
After I moved in, I threw them out. Been using TFP method ever since.

I've had about 12 inches of rain water replacement in the past 6 months. slowly but surely....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.