Hayward C3000 Replacement Bracket?

c5-1

Jul 2, 2013
Hello,

I have a Hayward Super Star Clear Cartridge Filter C3000 with a broken bracket. At first I had the stripped nut/spring assembly and now a broken bolt. I have tried everything to fix (barrel nut and all thread, eye bolt etc). But nothing has worked. Apparently Hayward has discontinued this part and the only way to fix is to replace the entire system.

I found this website that claims this bracket is compatible with mine, and I'm curious if anyone has tried.

http://www.aqua-man.com/row_num.asp?Ic=80120

Has anyone found another solution that they would like to share?

This is my current clamp

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/07501352014439.htm#faq

No way I would want to pay almost half the cost of a new filter for a band that might work.

With the spring type clamps, you need to alternate snugging up the nut and the tapping around the band with a mallet to seat it. You can get it tight with very little force on the nut. If you just crank on the nut to get it to seat you are either going to strip or break the bolt/nut.

What is an average cost of a new filter system? I was quoted about $1000.

Yeah, I was doing the mallet trick every time I would clean out the filters, but no luck this time.

Update: called the store on the link above and they claim the replacement bracket will work. He said he called Hayward to verify. I later called Hayward and they told me I shouldn't even try it because the brackets are different.

Now I really don't know what to do.

Cartridge filters require 2 PVC fittings to be "glued" and then there are bulkheads that attach to the fitler. Very straightforward. Likely the C3030 has the dimensions the same as your C3000 ... might even use the same bulkheads.

Hello,

I have a Hayward Super Star Clear Cartridge Filter C3000 with a broken bracket. At first I had the stripped nut/spring assembly and now a broken bolt. I have tried everything to fix (barrel nut and all thread, eye bolt etc). But nothing has worked. Apparently Hayward has discontinued this part and the only way to fix is to replace the entire system.

I have the Hayward C3025 pre-2008 model. My nut/spring assembly was stripped, but the bolt was still usable. My replacement part was also discontinued, part number DEX2420JKIT. I found Waterway Crystal Water Clamp Spring Nut 550-4250 as a possible replacement part.

I bought one much cheaper than the entire replacement clamp/bolt/nut assembly. I installed this Waterway part and found that it does indeed work on my Hayward C3025. There may be similar replacement parts from Waterway for other Hayward models whose replacement parts have been discontinued.

Waterway Crystal Water Clamp Spring Nut 550-4250- Waterway Crystal Water Filter - 550-4250- Pool Products- MyPoolYard.com

Thanks,
Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.