Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward C3000 Replacement Bracket?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward C3000 Replacement Bracket?

Hello,

I have a Hayward Super Star Clear Cartridge Filter C3000 with a broken bracket. At first I had the stripped nut/spring assembly and now a broken bolt. I have tried everything to fix (barrel nut and all thread, eye bolt etc). But nothing has worked. Apparently Hayward has discontinued this part and the only way to fix is to replace the entire system.

I found this website that claims this bracket is compatible with mine, and I'm curious if anyone has tried.

http://www.aqua-man.com/row_num.asp?Ic=80120

Has anyone found another solution that they would like to share?

This is my current clamp

http://www.inyopools.com/Products/07...014439.htm#faq
    Inground kidney plaster pool 30x17 with hayward superstar clear cartridge filter system, sta-rite max-e-pro 2 hp pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward C3000 Replacement Bracket?

Wow, even that replacement is expensive!

Good luck, maybe someone has run into this before and can help.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, it's expensive for just a broken bolt. Has anyone tried this bracket on their C3000
    Inground kidney plaster pool 30x17 with hayward superstar clear cartridge filter system, sta-rite max-e-pro 2 hp pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

No way I would want to pay almost half the cost of a new filter for a band that might work.

With the spring type clamps, you need to alternate snugging up the nut and the tapping around the band with a mallet to seat it. You can get it tight with very little force on the nut. If you just crank on the nut to get it to seat you are either going to strip or break the bolt/nut.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

What is an average cost of a new filter system? I was quoted about $1000.

Yeah, I was doing the mallet trick every time I would clean out the filters, but no luck this time.

Update: called the store on the link above and they claim the replacement bracket will work. He said he called Hayward to verify. I later called Hayward and they told me I shouldn't even try it because the brackets are different.

Now I really don't know what to do.

6. Back To Top    #6

A quick search found a 325 sqft Hayward cart filter (C3030) for under $600 ... if you can install it yourself and save a good bit.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Are they pretty hard to install? It looks very easy with just simple pvc plumbing

8. Back To Top    #8

Cartridge filters require 2 PVC fittings to be "glued" and then there are bulkheads that attach to the fitler. Very straightforward. Likely the C3030 has the dimensions the same as your C3000 ... might even use the same bulkheads.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by c5-1 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Hayward Super Star Clear Cartridge Filter C3000 with a broken bracket. At first I had the stripped nut/spring assembly and now a broken bolt. I have tried everything to fix (barrel nut and all thread, eye bolt etc). But nothing has worked. Apparently Hayward has discontinued this part and the only way to fix is to replace the entire system.
    I have the Hayward C3025 pre-2008 model. My nut/spring assembly was stripped, but the bolt was still usable. My replacement part was also discontinued, part number DEX2420JKIT. I found Waterway Crystal Water Clamp Spring Nut 550-4250 as a possible replacement part.

I bought one much cheaper than the entire replacement clamp/bolt/nut assembly. I installed this Waterway part and found that it does indeed work on my Hayward C3025. There may be similar replacement parts from Waterway for other Hayward models whose replacement parts have been discontinued.

Waterway Crystal Water Clamp Spring Nut 550-4250- Waterway Crystal Water Filter - 550-4250- Pool Products- MyPoolYard.com

Thanks,
    Brian