compool 3400 spa/pool controller freeze protection spa disable

Oct 27, 2014
Heartland
I have a compool 3400 that has a spa/pool function. My pool is set up with automated 2 automated valves that switch when you go from spa to pool mode. My question is when the controller goes into freeze protection it cycles ever 15 minutes from pool to spa mode. My questions is there a way to disable this function I dont like my pool motor shutting down and restarting every 15 minutes when I can place my valves in hand into pool mode and I would just rather keep them there during freeze mode I dont gain anything from switching from pool to spa mode in the winter

One way around that behavior would be to turn off the valve actuators on those two valves. Of course you would need to turn them back on to use spa mode. Keep in mind that should you do this, the spa plumbing would not get any freeze protection.

That is essential what I have done. As my discharge to the pool goes half to the spa for an overflow featuer and the other half to waterfalls so the spa is always getting water movemnet go to it. The only thing I lose by turning the valves off in pool mode is the spa return does not move water. I plan to call pentair today and see if there is any way around it as I know starting a motor 4 times an hour in 24 hours cant help extend the life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.