New pool build in Nicaragua

Two mango trees cut down and three coconut trees cut down... Installing Mosaic tile!

Pool-6766_zpsboerqtyp.jpg

Pool-6772_zps9zxitcfu.jpg

Pool-6771_zpsxi2n5wid.jpg

MrNica, can you tell us the process from a block wall to putting up the glass tile? Looks like maybe 2 coats of plaster first like a grey coat and then a white coat? Just how did they prepare the cinder block for this? I'm especially interested in this part since it is exactly what I intend to do with my pool and it is also a process I have rarely seen on this forum.

** I stand corrected. It is this series of tile. It is glass: http://www.homeelements.us/mosaic-tile/vitreous-togama-mosaic.aspx

About 1/4 thick,

We used a very heavy hatchet to "rough up the block and the cement used other places like the steps to give a better grip. Then 3/8 of pool plaster. The white is specialized latex quickset about 7/16 - 1/2 thick. Then a coat mixed a tiny bit thinner is applied to the top surface using rubber trowels and then cleaned leaving the nice white between the tiles.

Will post pics of the cleaned tile later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water going in. Started the system up and not even one plumbing leak. I am very happy with the Whisperflow 1.5hp two speed pump. On the low speed you cannot hear it at all. We have a flow meter and on low speed it flows 63 GMP in this system. Need to get the patio done to test the high speed with the water features. (Tested the water feature lines with caps.).

Pool-6788_zpslo9mejvf.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.