New pool build in Nicaragua

Interesting, and delivered by horse! We certainly don't see that around here. :lol:

Can't wait to see it progress, this one will be fun.

I think I'm going to get my horse to stand by the pool and take a photo. He didn't do an ounce of work to help with hauling any of the materials but he did keep a keen eye on all the activity (relatively speaking :)) .

I am fascinated by this build and of course, the amount of organization and planning as nobody wants to have to drive 90 minutes to pick up any forgotten materials! Can't wait to see all of the tile installed. - Karen

It's starting to look like a serious hole now finally. About 45% excavated. We had 16 M3 of sand delivered. We will be making concrete on site. No concrete trucks here.

Pool-6575_zps2922cbbe.jpg

We now have a genuine real looking hole. About 65% excavated. Remember, the top of the waterline tile is 6" below the upper edge of the horizontal boards because much of the pool is partially out of the ground (designed to go with the slope). This is because the lower area (9 o'clock corner in the pic) will be an outdoor kitchen with bar stools at the pool edge.

Pool-6576_zps53f467d6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree! That's a good looking hole! Its hard to get a nice flat bottom digging by hand. There is some skill involed in doing that.

What happen to all of the dirt that was dug out? Is it just out of the field of view of the camera or did it get hauled away?

Looking good. I hope your palm trees don't mind the extra dirt placed around them. Sometimes it can take years for the effects to show on trees.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.