Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SOLAXX vs CIRCUPOOL

1. Back To Top    #1

SOLAXX vs CIRCUPOOL

I have a 38,000 gal. Gunite pool and live in new york , i am deciding which sw system to purchase , the solaxx produces 1.65 pounds per hour of chorine the circupool unit produces 2.1 , and offers a 60,000 gal. unit with a 7 year warrantee , on the surface the circupool seems to offer a better unit any help would be appeciated ,
    Last edited by JasonLion; 01-12-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Remove all CAPS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SOLAXX vs CIRCUPOOL

Welcome to TFP Elliot.

We usually suggest bigger than you need as in 1.5-2 x the rated size for your pool. As for Brands, I can't help, but others may chime in. Bigger is better no question.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

If it produces that much per hour, you're gonna need a bigger pool. I'd say the Solaxx is nowhere near big enough unless you want to run it 24/7 . I'm currently debating between a circupool and a pentair. My pool is about 34k gal. I'm torn between circupool which had quality issues with the previous model, and pentair which made my pool light that I despise. Those are the only ones I've found that produce more than 2lbs/day without going above $1000.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

As stated above, the chlorine ratings are per day and not per hour. And assuming running at 100% 24/7. With a 38k pool, I would recommend a 60k SWG system as a minimum size which should produce around 2.1 pounds per day or more.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a Circupool Si-40, and it works great. I have only had it one season, so I can't vouch for its longevity, but from what experience I have had I would not hesitate to recommend it.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG