EasyTouch 8 How many Valves can it control

ldcsteelers

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2014
I'm in the planning stages of my pool. It will have a spa, in-floor cleaning system, a waterfall, and future solar. The waterfall will (switchable via a valve) pour into both the pool and spa.

When using the spa I would like to turn off the part of the waterfall that spills into the spa with an automated valve. This puts my valve count to 5. I have read in the install guide that a valve expansion board is available (P/N 520285) but it looks like that is only for Intellitouch. Can I use that expansion board or will I have to go with Intellitouch?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

These questions often languish as many of us don't have or use to the fullest and beyond capability for these systems. Your Builder/installer should know or you can call Pentair. Perhaps someone with a similar setup can add something to this to help you. I have intellitouch, but use very little of it's capability. Good luck, and enjoy the forum.

Welcome to TFP!

EasyTouch supports up to four valves standard, and it is also possible, but something of a pain, to control additional valves using one power relay per additional valve. To do that you need is a valve adapter, which exist by are not exactly easy to install

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.