Air bubles entering through pump inlet

just saw in another post someone suggested running a garden hose over the piping, I will try that tomorrow but I listened carefully and couldn't hear any hissing through the piping

If I find it to not be the piping then what next? Is it possible it could be underground? I don't know how air would get down there though.

Having the same issue. Did the water hose check and found there where 2 o rings in my diverter valve in front of the pump and one was leaking. When i exposed the valve and started the pump it would not prime until i ran water over the oring and it primed right up once the air leak was filled. good luck!

One pipe comes out of the ground and goes to the filter pump and one pipe comes out of the ground and goes to the sweep pump, or maybe goes from the sweep pump

- - - Updated - - -

The most common problem is low water level or a stuck skimmer flapper causing a vortex in the skimmer. Take a look while it's running and see if there's a tornado in the skimmer well.

skimmer stays full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So it seems I have fixed the suction leak, but there are still some bubbles coming out one of the jets. I can't see any bubbles coming in the suction pipe through the inlet area

Any ideas? there is a small leak in the filter (o-ring ordered), but that is pressure side so I don't think it could be that but I guess we'll see

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.