Rainly Cold Weather in Greater Houston TX area and other - no advances

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
We are in a holding pattern until we can get some warmer, drier weather.

We just had 1.5" more rain today and our back yard is a mud pit again. The pool after being prepped for plaster/P-Sheen is again in a no go mode for at least another 10 days, based on the current weather. Has to be prepped again.

I bought a 1/2 HP Submersible pump 3 mo's ago and it has been a life saver just to keep pumping water out of the back...has anyone else in the greater Houston. Harris, Montgomery, Fort Bend/etc areas been on hold ????? I hope no one has experienced cave-ins and re-digs.

Best to all,
tstex

Same weather here in Longview, TX. North of you couple hundred miles. Im not under construction, but Im still SICK of the poor weather.

I was born in Tyler, so I know exactly where you are.

As far as rain, I am tired of no sun and mud, but I think we ALL REMEMBER the drought of 2010-2011-2012. Have 85 acres 60 miles WNW of Hou, so I am not cursing the rain, and never will. However, I do want to get the mud piles out of the back. They dug 1200 sq feet of mud out 10" deep for pavers and it has sat there for months now...mud pit everythere to get to the work site. N side of 2.5 story house and no sun ever hits this place bc of suns low S angle.

It's been a good run for mushrooms and deep watering is great too...just need a break to finish,

I was born in Tyler, so I know exactly where you are.

As far as rain, I am tired of no sun and mud, but I think we ALL REMEMBER the drought of 2010-2011-2012. Have 85 acres 60 miles WNW of Hou, so I am not cursing the rain, and never will. However, I do want to get the mud piles out of the back. They dug 1200 sq feet of mud out 10" deep for pavers and it has sat there for months now...mud pit everythere to get to the work site. N side of 2.5 story house and no sun ever hits this place bc of suns low S angle.

It's been a good run for mushrooms and deep watering is great too...just need a break to finish,

You are right I will never complain about rain in my life again after 2011 drought. We had 1/2 inch of rain from Jan to Sep at my house in 2011.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We already have decking pour done. Waiting on outdoor kitchen now to be built.

Wow, we just finished our summer kitchen and had the pool & kitchen pavers done about 6 weeks ago...is your plaster/finish done yet? That is all we lack, then pool school and removal of dirt, irrigation and landscaping. I am ready !!!!!!

Our summer kitchen is about 790 Sq ft...all we lack is 6 speakers, receivers and 55" flat screen - they are all here, just waiting on plaster to be poured bc I am not advertising all that stereo equipment to the workers...

And finally, I believe there are very few Texans that do not remember the 2011 drought. Talk about something that just lingers and a feeling of total helplessness. I bought 1200-1300 ft of hoses to extent from house to large 200 yr old oaks for watering...I had about 20-30 armadillos that loved me be it was the ony soft ground around for miles....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.