Just starting house construction a few days ago, started the pool building process. I have had two meetings with the PB, and we are still working out the details, but wanted to go ahead and post some pics and get yall's expert opinion to make sure that I am not missing anything obvious.
GOALS: 1. To be large enough to host parties of occasional 20-50 people, with most likely weekly gathering of our youth group of 10-15 teenagers and mens group of about the same.
2. To have a diving board/slide/jump area to be deep enough to be safe. Building ours closely to ANSI Type VIII standards.
3. To have a diving board that actually works. , yes I know about the inherent dangers of diving boards. I know that driving is more dangerous as well as dietary choices on long term health.
4. To have a "separate" shallow activity end that football, basketball, volleyball, and general pool fun can be have.
5. Have a hot tub that can be used in hot tub weather, i.e. for me less than 40 degrees, the colder the better, and I want to be in the tub when it is so cold my hair freezes.
6. Have efficient well maintained pool. TFP method will take care of this.
7. Have a maximally long usage and comfort temp level of the pool
Rough equipment: 2hp Ecostar Variable speed pumps, as well as several individualized pumps for water features, polaris 280 pool sweep with booster pump, 30 inch Highrate sand filter, 400k BTU NG heater, 125k BTU Heat chill pump, Interfab BYOS slide 21ft, Gemstone aggregate, Led lights, Gold line Salt system, Pl-4 automation system with wireless remote, Essex Grand Effects fire bowl, stamped stained salt concrete 2600ft, limestone grotto,
Rough dimensions: Pool design 1 (130' perimeter, 3.6-9.6 ft deep, 45k gallon, 925 soft, 33x40ft)
Pool design 2 (150' perimeter, 3.6 to 10 ft deep, approx 53k, approx 1100sqft, 33x49 deep to shallow with 20x37 shallow)
Coming up with separate close able loop design for hot tub so the hot tub can be completely isolated from the pool and run to the heater, so we can keep the hot tub at above freeze guard temps and have it quickly heat. Heat/chill pump and NG to help extend swim season and comfort. Pump house will be a stand alone structure with the ability to have the temp maintain to above 40 degree and above. also it will serve as the chemical, toys, cleaning supply storage, outside shower and change area.