Which Test Kit ??

Best bang for the buck is the TF100. Same reagents as the Taylor K-2006, but the quantities are more realistic.

http://tftestkits.net/TF-100-Test-Kit-p4.html

If you ever planned to become a TFP supporter, you'll get a discount on the test kit if you sign up first.

I recommend the speedstir as well - it really improves the testing. And if you spring for the XL option now, you will save on shipping when you need refills. The FAS-DPD powder is very difficult to find in stores; the other reagents are easy to get if you get caught short somehow.

currently using a taylor k1000 for FC and PH.
TA, CH and CYA are tested at the local pool shop.

need new kit for testing FC beyond 5.
Richard has already covered which kit you should get, so I'll skip that.

Sorry to disagree, but you need a new kit to test more than FC above 5. If you have read around here much you have probably seen that not much credence is given to pool store testing. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. Two different pool stores told me my CYA was in the 80 - 100 range, but when I tested myself I found it 200+. Just for laughs I took three samples, tested one myself and took the other two to two different stores. While some of their numbers were close to mine, others were off the chart. Test everything yourself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.