Jandy iAqualink with Hayward Ecostar

Jan 10, 2015
Livermore, CA
Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade to a variable speed pump. I recently placed an order for a hayward ecostar per my local pool stores recommendation. Their understanding from the hayward rep is that the iaqualink should have no issue communicating with the ecostar via the rs485 bus. After searching the internet and these forums I've found various discussions that suggest that they don't know how to talk, but most of the sources I've found are several years old. It certainly seems possible that in the last couple years hayward has updated the firmware on the ecostar to speak jandy.

So ... does anyone know the answer? Can an iAqualink controller talk to a Hayward Ecostar via the RS485 bus? Should I cancel my order and get something more compatible?

Thanks!
-rob

Thanks for the feedback. I left a voicemail at the pool store canceling my order. I'll probably go with an Intelliflo. So frustrating that the Hayward rep was adamant that they are compatible. He must have been confusing/thinking about the "relay" method using several aux relays to control the speeds? Oh well.

One of the Jandy variable speed pumps might be a good choice. I always prefer to use the same manufacturer when using automation and variable speed pumps or other electronically controlled equipment.

Was wondering if the Jandy iAqualink 2.0 will communicate with a Hayward single speed pump? From everything I read it wont with variable speed but what about single speed. I want to purchase the unit but wanted to make sure. I currently have the Jandy PDA Handheld and it communicates with the Hayward pump with no issues. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.