Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need the Highest Quality Solar Blanket Cover for heat to stay

1. Back To Top    #1

I need the Highest Quality Solar Blanket Cover for heat to stay

Hi guys We keep loosing heat from evaporation and it kills my power bills to run the Heat Pump so often for my kids. I found that when I covered the pool at night, I could get away with the heat pump running half as much. Heat pump is self-regulated and I see running costs online from my energy company. So I was able to figure it out.

Anyhow, my pool cover is garbage- its rips, Its thinning out. It was a 5 yr blanket but company wont honor and warranty is worthless with these things I have read. I need the big guns. I want something that will truly last. I need something super high quality. My neighbor has a blue solar pool blanket with TRIANGLE BUBBLES (like triangle bubble wrap but really thick) and it is AMAZING. They dont know where it came from, came with house. Anyone know?
    28k IG with Spa, hayward Super 2hp pump,
    120BTU Heater, Pentair PXC125 cartridge filter
    Love my Dogs, Maintain a Reef Tank, Foodie :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need the Highest Quality Solar Blanket Cover for heat to stay

Even the very best covers don't usually last all that long. Usually it is easier and less expensive to get an inexpensive cover and replace it every two years or so.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School