BBQ island build in Phoenix

I still have a full bag of the countertop mix left over... too bad I threw away about 3/4 of a bag as a solid hunk of concrete because I got a little over zealous with the mixing. I think I'll try sifting out the the gravel chunks and make a slurry with the countertop mix using polymer additive instead of water to mix it. It already has additives and plasticizer in, so it will probably work. If that doesn't work, then I might just order some of the pre-made slurry mix that is sold. I added the charcoal colorant to the concrete as I mixed, because I wasn't planning on staining it, but after the grinding I might change my mind.

Anyone have any recommendations for sealer? Was thinking of using this sealer, but not sure yet.

ssb.jpg

I am late on getting these up, but the grill is finally done....
The counter top was tinted with cola colored stain working up to the color and variation of light and browns. It was sealed with 511 impregnator and stone sealer. The stone was leftover from my pool remodel and was also sealed.
I am happy I bought a drawer it was a good recommendation.
Thanks for sharing your insights and feedback it was a fun project!

Attachments

• IMG_6600.jpg
    IMG_6600.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6599.jpg
    IMG_6599.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 162
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.