iaqualink IQ-20RS installation

bsk997

Aug 18, 2014
Irvine, CA
I'm looking to make my pool more efficient and easier to access.
I just bought an Intellifo VS Pump to replace my 2hp Pentair one.
I also purchased an IQ20-RS iaqualink upgrade to replace my Aqualink RS4 rev I controller.

My question is, how easy is it to replace the PCB board for the IQ20-RS? It doesn't look very hard but all the documentation and even support says you should have a qualified pool expert install it. :/
I'm fairly technical but just haven't dealt much with pool equipment before.

I've also been quoted $500 for a qualified tech to come out and install/program the Intellifo VS pump and IQ20-RS upgrade. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks guys!

Very easy to do the board swap. I don't recall any issues when I did mine. I did hard wire my iaqualink though instead of using WIFI. I went through the menus on my old PDA to write everything down first then reprogrammed it all using iOS afterwards. I don't think you'll have any problem other than perhaps WIFI signal strength or something like that.

I just upgraded my aqualink with the IQ900-RS. It took me literally 15 minutes to do the board swap and get my pool back up and running. Probably another 30 min getting the iAqualink network controller setup. I was turning equipment on and off with my phone in less than an hour. It's really not that hard at all. The reason they say you must be a pool professional is that you're working next to live 120V circuits. I'd say if you're comfortable replacing an electrical outlet in your home you're probably qualified.

I'm looking to make my pool more efficient and easier to access.
I just bought an Intellifo VS Pump to replace my 2hp Pentair one.
I also purchased an IQ20-RS iaqualink upgrade to replace my Aqualink RS4 rev I controller.

My question is, how easy is it to replace the PCB board for the IQ20-RS? It doesn't look very hard but all the documentation and even support says you should have a qualified pool expert install it. :/
I'm fairly technical but just haven't dealt much with pool equipment before.

I've also been quoted $500 for a qualified tech to come out and install/program the Intellifo VS pump and IQ20-RS upgrade. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks guys!

Did you end up getting the IQ20-RS? and if so how many relays does it come with? How was the installation process?

bsk997: So how did the upgrade turn out? Can you provide any details about how you connected the VS to the IQ20-RS? I have exactly the same setup and am about to undertake the install. I'm confused about how to connect the VS.

Sorry for the lack of update everybody.
I did end up getting the IQ20-RS. It ended up being stupid easy. Just unscrewing the old board with all the connections and putting in the new one in the same spots as before. I was hesitant to do it because of the electrical stuff but I turned off the Power center and the breaker to the pool when I did it. Setup to the network was easy as well.
Pretty cool to control everything from the phone.

Sorry wysocki, I had somebody come install the VS Pump so I cant help you there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.