Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Automatic chlorine feeder?

1. Back To Top    #1

Automatic chlorine feeder?

I'm building a pool that has Hayward equipment. It is a chlorine pool so I'm wondering if I should have the PB install an automatic chlorinater.
    Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Automatic chlorine feeder?

i am not entirely familar with a automatic chlorinater. Just to be sure is this something that will use liquid chlorine or will it be something that you load tabs or pucks into?
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

3. Back To Top    #3

We don't recommend using tablet feeders, which is what I believe you are talking about. However, they can be nice to have for things like vacations, so it is often simplest to let it be installed and then decide if you want to use it later.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you done any reading in Pool School ?
    Here are a couple of articles to take a look at if you haven't already done so.
    ABC'S Of Pool Water Chemistry
    How To Chlorinate Your Pool.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

I am with Jason on this one. For as little as they cost have the PB install the puck feeder. You can run with it off line and BBB or Liquid chlorine sanitize. But if you BBB and want to go on vacation it will be nice to have the ability to throw a couple pucks in and be covered. If you plan on going SWG then never mind with the feeder.

30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois