New pool in SoCal

Mikedomme

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 22, 2014
Corona Ca
Just finished my new pool in Corona, California before Christmas. Just wanted to say thank you for all the information. all my chemicals are in line thanks to the tfp method. Its funny how you read on here about pool service people and pool stores and still hope you will have a different experience. Pool guy (start up tec) told me today on his last visit the Clorox sitting by the pool was bad for pools because of all the extra chemicals in it, and I should buy the chlorine from a pool store LOL. Thanks for all the sound advice.
Mike Domme

Attachments

• pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 50
Nice post, Mike. I think it surprises everyone when you first start just how uninformed pool "experts" are.

We think TFP is making a dent in that knowledge void but we have lot's of room to grow and some powerful companies that are vested in the average pool owner not knowing too much.

im just going to chime in and say the same thing. just got our FINAL inspection today and i've been reading this site like a mad man trying to learn. got screwed at the pool store...once. i'll finish my profile and post some photos. been doing everything myself for 3 weeks and its going well, gonna add salt next saturday, so THAT should be an adventure. eventually i'll have to hire someone to maintain the pool since i travel a lot during the summer - but for now, doing it myself and reading all the great info here has been very....calming. lol!
thanks!
jjg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.