MPS, tf-100 kit goes to 9ppm,where the taylor-k1004 measures 3ppm

If you are using MPS then you can distinguish between chlorine and MPS by using the Taylor K-2042 kit.

As for sparkle, you should be able to have your pool look great by using chlorine alone if you follow the Chlorine/CYA Chart in the Pool School. That is true for nearly all the pools on this forum and you can see them sparkle in the slide show on the home page (my pool is shown here and here). Some people report that using 50 ppm Borates in the pool gives it more sparkle, but this is most definitely an optional item to add and is most useful at slowing down the rate of pH rise particularly in saltwater chlorine generator (SWG) pools.

Thanks for prompt response. Communicated with tf-100, they were unaware of mps and chlorine testing. Also, live chatted
with oxy-brite-same answer. I'll stick with taylor k1004 and 2 back-up strips. I use the mps as a non- chlorine oxidizer primarily.
The sparkle is a bonus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.