Thinking of a new filter...

Charles

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2008
I need to replace the inadequate system on my Intex 18’ X 48” above-ground pool. Currently it is the 1500 gph pump with cartridge. It also has a separate salt water generator.

I was thinking the Hayward 100sqft Xstream 1hp Cart System. My current set-up has 1.5” fittings so I am hoping the setup would work with the SWG. Any suggestions or opinions?

http://www.haywardnet.com/aboveground/p ... ductID=123
123B.GIF

That looks like a good choice.

It is always possible to adapt any kind of pipe/hose to any other, so I am sure you can hook up the SWG. Probably it will be simple, but even the worst case is just tracking down the right adapter.

I bought a filter combo from them as well, good prices! My water is crystal clear and that's with a 55 sq. ft. filter. Your's will be almost double that. You'll probably be able to go all season without cleaning it. I didn't clean mine until the middle of summer. It didn't need it though, I just did it to get familiar with it.

filter.jpg

That's a beautiful thing, man. This is my new hobby. I don't build ships in bottles or golf so I am happy to find something that appeals to my systems thinking and tinkering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.