Swapping Jets?

May 11, 2014
Texas
We've got a raised in ground gunite spa. Regardless of pump speed with the air blower on it really only bubbles near the walls. It actually spills out quite a bit of water. What would be the best way to get the bubbles shooting all the way to the center?

That is usually caused by reduced flow rate. Can you describe your plumbing in detail:

Pump Make/Model/Size

Dedicated or shared spa pump (i.e. do the jets have their own pump or is it shared with the pool)

Distance from pump to spa

Pipe size

Number of jets

Did the spa jets ever work properly?

If there is only one pump that is shared between the pool and spa, have you cleaned the filter recently and what is the current filter pressure?

That is usually caused by reduced flow rate. Can you describe your plumbing in detail:

Pump Make/Model/Size

Dedicated or shared spa pump (i.e. do the jets have their own pump or is it shared with the pool)

Distance from pump to spa

Pipe size

Number of jets

Did the spa jets ever work properly?

If there is only one pump that is shared between the pool and spa, have you cleaned the filter recently and what is the current filter pressure?

It's a new pool. The pump is a VS 3hp pump. It is shared in pool mode, but it's dedicated one it goes to spa mode. It's about 70 ft from the pump to the spa. Filters are clean. The pool pump generally runs at 1400rpm and shows 5.5psi, and that has been steady. Have not checked when the RPM cranks up. It's worked this way since day one. I believe there are about 8 jets.

So do you run the spa at full speed?

Also, is there a blower?

Also, do you know what the pipe size is for the spa?

You are getting a restriction somewhere. What type of filter do you have? Did the PB put it a filter/heater bypass when in spa mode? You might need that but I can't tell until I get a filter pressure at full speed when in spa jet mode.

You are getting a restriction somewhere. What type of filter do you have? Did the PB put it a filter/heater bypass when in spa mode? You might need that but I can't tell until I get a filter pressure at full speed when in spa jet mode.

Ok. Weather is awful now, and it's dark when I get home, but I'll check soon. I don't think the spa bypasses the filter.

Our built in spa has two air vents on the top ledge which can be unscrewed to let more air in the system. Being my first pool/spa when we bought the house I did not realize the vents were adjustable until one of the pool plaster guys pointed it out to me. Not sure if this may be your issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.