Warranty on Quartzscapes Plaster?

PoolESQ

Platinum Supporter
Dec 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Hi all,

I'm wondering what the typical warranty on a Quartzscapes plaster job is, if anything? After I signed the contract with my PB to redo the plaster on my pool, I recalled him stating that the Quartzscapes can last 15 or more years compared to 10 years regular plaster. For some reason it slipped my mind to ask what sort of warranty they offer on the plaster work. My PB is closed until 1/12/15 at which time I will send him an e-mail to ask, but in the meantime, I'd like to get a feel for what might be typical in the industry.

Many thanks!

The longevity of pool surface products (e.g. plaster, quartz, pebble) is highly dependent upon water chemistry (if you neglect to maintain the pH and other factors, the finish will deteriorate quickly). Some plasterers will provide a several year warranty on the bond, ensuring the material is covered if issues occur such as delamination, that are generally specific to the install. I'm not aware of pool builders that provide a warranty for the quartz finish beyond that.

Thanks for the information. I was finally able to speak to my PB and he said it comes with a 5 year warranty, but is decreased to 2 years if you use a salt system (which I plan to do). I know there is some debate about whether salt water is harmful to plaster and it seems the makers of Quartzscapes have concluded, or use the excuse, that SWGs are harder on plaster than other chlorinating methods. Having read a lot on this forum, I believe a SWG is just as safe as any other method when used properly.

As an FYI, I recently had a pool installed with NPT StoneScape mini-pebble and the manufacturer provides a Limited Lifetime Warranty when installed through a manufacturer-certified plaster company. The warranty requires keeping a monthly water test print-out to ensure any issues encountered later are not due to poor water chemistry. Install defects from workmanship would be attributed to the plaster company, where actual product defects are covered by the manufacturer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.