Do you turn on pool lights every night?

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
I currently have my hayward colorlogic turning on nightly, 7 days a week, from 6pm to midnight. Is that ok? Will I "burn" the light with daily use? I am wondering what everyone's light schedule here is.

I only turn mine on when I am outside to enjoy it. Incondecent lights have a number of hours and "starts" if you will. The filament can only take the inrush current so many times.

LED lights don't care how many times you turn them on, it's more the number of hours that affect them.

Thanks Dave. It is unlikely either of us will still be around but if we are ill take your drink and buy you two!
Since you have put it in this light ( pun intended) I think I just might turn my led lights on a little more often so I can enjoy them before I go. I guess until now I didn't realize their life expectancy was longer than mine!

:cheers:
Dumbcluck, I like your way of thinking!

I dont know really how long the light will last, but I am expecting to have to replace it every few years at least. Whatever the case my be, mine are gonna be on. Im like you, I wanna enjoy it all I can.

Thanks Dave. It is unlikely either of us will still be around but if we are ill take your drink and buy you two!
Since you have put it in this light ( pun intended) I think I just might turn my led lights on a little more often so I can enjoy them before I go. I guess until now I didn't realize their life expectancy was longer than mine!

Actually, with LEDs, they may well last 50,000 hrs, but they may also start to dim or cast a more pinkish color after 25,000 hours...which is why most don't warrant them for much longer than that.. In either case, the light is quite likely to outlast what its lighting ;)

I turn mine on almost every night. After having the lights installed almost 4 years I do have one issue with the big pool light where it looks like it lost a bank of LED's. So when it goes to blue it is very dim and not as bright as the spa size led lights. Still looks good and only I notice it

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.