Getting the Intelliflo to work with my Jandy RS8

Fester

Jan 5, 2015
The Woodlands, TX
The motor died on my pump and I thought I would take the opportunity to get more efficient. I am thinking of installing a Pentair 011018 VS pump. From what I am reading, getting it to work with my existing controls may not be a layup. Right now I have a Jandy RS8 control with the box by the pool equipment and the control panel in my bedroom. I would be grateful for any advice.

Tony

Welcome to TFP!

The newer Jandy RS systems work with an IntelliFlo via a direct data connection without any problems. You need to have one of the more recent units, or get yours updated to a more recent unit. I'm not sure exactly when they started supporting the IntelliFlo. One way to tell is to see if the IntelliFlo is mentioned in the Jandy manual.

Welcome to TFP!

The newer Jandy RS systems work with an IntelliFlo via a direct data connection without any problems. You need to have one of the more recent units, or get yours updated to a more recent unit. I'm not sure exactly when they started supporting the IntelliFlo. One way to tell is to see if the IntelliFlo is mentioned in the Jandy manual.

Mine's quite old. What's involved to update it?

You could do what I did. My old aqualink board got fried so I took the opportunity to upgrade it. If you search for IQ900-RS you can find them online for less than $500. That kit should include what you need to replace your old aqualink board with a new version that should support the intelliflo (that's my understanding anyway). At the same time you get the iAqualink system to control it from your phone/computer.

You could do what I did. My old aqualink board got fried so I took the opportunity to upgrade it. If you search for IQ900-RS you can find them online for less than $500. That kit should include what you need to replace your old aqualink board with a new version that should support the intelliflo (that's my understanding anyway). At the same time you get the iAqualink system to control it from your phone/computer.

That is great advice. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.