Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting the Intelliflo to work with my Jandy RS8

1. Back To Top    #1

Getting the Intelliflo to work with my Jandy RS8

The motor died on my pump and I thought I would take the opportunity to get more efficient. I am thinking of installing a Pentair 011018 VS pump. From what I am reading, getting it to work with my existing controls may not be a layup. Right now I have a Jandy RS8 control with the box by the pool equipment and the control panel in my bedroom. I would be grateful for any advice.

Tony

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Getting the Intelliflo to work with my Jandy RS8

Welcome to TFP!

The newer Jandy RS systems work with an IntelliFlo via a direct data connection without any problems. You need to have one of the more recent units, or get yours updated to a more recent unit. I'm not sure exactly when they started supporting the IntelliFlo. One way to tell is to see if the IntelliFlo is mentioned in the Jandy manual.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

The newer Jandy RS systems work with an IntelliFlo via a direct data connection without any problems. You need to have one of the more recent units, or get yours updated to a more recent unit. I'm not sure exactly when they started supporting the IntelliFlo. One way to tell is to see if the IntelliFlo is mentioned in the Jandy manual.
    Mine's quite old. What's involved to update it?

4. Back To Top    #4

You could do what I did. My old aqualink board got fried so I took the opportunity to upgrade it. If you search for IQ900-RS you can find them online for less than $500. That kit should include what you need to replace your old aqualink board with a new version that should support the intelliflo (that's my understanding anyway). At the same time you get the iAqualink system to control it from your phone/computer.
    15k gunite pool with attached spa; iAqualink controller; Intelliflo VF pump; hayward cartridge filter; Heliocol solar panels; Hayward H250 natural gas heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by physicsrob View Post
    You could do what I did. My old aqualink board got fried so I took the opportunity to upgrade it. If you search for IQ900-RS you can find them online for less than $500. That kit should include what you need to replace your old aqualink board with a new version that should support the intelliflo (that's my understanding anyway). At the same time you get the iAqualink system to control it from your phone/computer.
    That is great advice. Thanks!!