Polaris 280 keeps disconnecting

Twolabs

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2014
NE Texas
This has happened about 4 times now. Everynow and then I'll see the line just floating in the water. I'll retrieve it with the pole, take a deep breath, and stick my arm down into the frigid water and screw it back in. How hard do I need to be twisting it into the connection?

Kind of frustrating....

Is this the connector at the wall? If it's like mine (also a 280, but everything else about this pool is old and odd, so I'm never sure how standard things are), it's less than a quarter turn, and it's pretty obvious when it's on all the way. It's never come apart there (one of the mid-hose connections did come loose once). If anything, I find ours harder to disconnect than to connect (especially when the main pump is on with the boost off, but even with both pumps off). I wonder if either or both sides of the connector are worn and need to be replaced?

Same question....are you talking about it disconnecting from the wall? If so, it is a push and twist connection. You have to push in hard and then turn a quarter turn. As jmastron reported above, mine is so hard to remove (even with both pumps off) that I really need to be in the water to get the hose off. Maybe you think you have it connected firmly but you don't?

Thanks for the replies so far. Just got back in from connecting it (FYI, water temp...39....:eek:

It must be something wrong with the connector. When I slide it in and start to twist, it feels like its guiding its way in, but there never is a solid "click" or a feeling of secure connection. I tried twisting it hard...pushing...pulling...nothing. It just seems to sit in there without much security.

I've got a few things for the PB to come back and fix and i'll make note of this.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.