spa blower

Before making recommendations, it would be a good idea to review the entire setup.

Is the Whisperflo dedicated to the spa jets without going through the filter or heater?

What is the jet pump size, jet pipe size, number of jets and distance from the pump to the spa?

Also, does the air vent pipe come up at the equipment pad or some place else?

Just so you don't overlook the obvious...are you SURE you want a spa blower? We had one installed and find out it kicks up more bubbles than we care for and have only used it once. Granted, our pool is only three weeks old...but the blower (Silencer) is also a bit loud for our preference and takes away from that peaceful spa experience.

ITR, No Im not sure. But I think I need one due to the fact I need to blow in the vent real hard a few times to get the bubbles flowing. Im sure or hope there are blowers out their that are not too loud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw8ZAzzwxVI

That one doesn't sound too much different than mine, I guess it depends on how far it is away from your spa (and your neighbor's house). Mine is about 10 feet from the neighbor's house and while she didn't complain the two times we used it...I probably would have if I was her. When I turn on the filter pump (on high) my spa jets flow and I get a good amount of bubbles/flow just from that. Does yours not do that?

The pipe looks to be 2" which is way too small for 8 jets at 50ft away. You are likely not getting enough flow rate to the jets for the venturis to work properly. Do the jets seem weak? If the PB had used larger pipe, you might be able to get away without a blower. What size is the jet pump (i.e. model number WF##)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Both suction and return are 2.5"?

What about the size of the air vent?

Is that a 2 HP up rated or full rated? (What is the model #)

Typical spa jets require 15 GPM per jet to work well. That is a total of 120 GPM which a 2 HP pump is not likely to provide. Also, the 2.5" pipe is not large enough for 120 GPM either. My suggesting is to plug 2 of the 8 jets to reduce the flow rate requirements and to provide more flow per jet and see if that works.

A blower is going to only supply air which makes a lot of bubbles but does nothing for the strength of the jet.

Keep in mind that you cannot plug the outer portion of the jet pipe. That will flood the vent pipe so it will affect the bubbles. You need to actually plug the jet nozzle itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.