Therapy Jets too Aggressive! Need advice.

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
Just finished new build-by-owner last week. My pool has a swimout detail with three therapy jets. The jets are connected to a 1.5hp silence blower. To my surprise, when I turned the "spa" on, the bubbles are so aggressive that water overflows to the deck. It caused about a 1" loss from the waterline in only one hour of use. See a picture bellow and let me know if you have any ideas.

You have two choices that I can think of. Either replace the blower with a smaller blower, or install something that will allow you to let some of the air from the blower escape near the blower, so the jets get less air.

The bubbles from my hot tub blower are also crazy. The Pool company that re-plastered my pool indicated some people put a "T" with a valve after the blower to vent some air out to the outside. I may try this someday if I get motivated.

I read somewhere about people drilling holes on the pipe right below the Blower to release some of the air. That sounds like a simple solution and it actually makes sense. Before I start drilling, I am wondering if anybody here has actually heard of that.

I would try to remove the blower first to see if you even need it. If the air vent is not too long it might work just fine.

I had an extra three-way valve laying around. I put it on my air vent line and it allows very precise control of the air flow into my spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.