Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Therapy Jets too Aggressive! Need advice.

1. Back To Top    #1

Therapy Jets too Aggressive! Need advice.

Just finished new build-by-owner last week. My pool has a swimout detail with three therapy jets. The jets are connected to a 1.5hp silence blower. To my surprise, when I turned the "spa" on, the bubbles are so aggressive that water overflows to the deck. It caused about a 1" loss from the waterline in only one hour of use. See a picture bellow and let me know if you have any ideas.

12' X 25' in-ground. Hayward EcoStar Pump, Hayward DE 3620 Filter, Hayward Pro-Logic PS4 with Aqua Connect for automation, Hayward ColorLogic Led lights, Silencer Blower, Four Jandy DeckJets, Salt Pool, Neverlube Valves with One Actuator. Built by owner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Therapy Jets too Aggressive! Need advice.

You have two choices that I can think of. Either replace the blower with a smaller blower, or install something that will allow you to let some of the air from the blower escape near the blower, so the jets get less air.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The bubbles from my hot tub blower are also crazy. The Pool company that re-plastered my pool indicated some people put a "T" with a valve after the blower to vent some air out to the outside. I may try this someday if I get motivated.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

4. Back To Top    #4

I read somewhere about people drilling holes on the pipe right below the Blower to release some of the air. That sounds like a simple solution and it actually makes sense. Before I start drilling, I am wondering if anybody here has actually heard of that.
    12' X 25' in-ground. Hayward EcoStar Pump, Hayward DE 3620 Filter, Hayward Pro-Logic PS4 with Aqua Connect for automation, Hayward ColorLogic Led lights, Silencer Blower, Four Jandy DeckJets, Salt Pool, Neverlube Valves with One Actuator. Built by owner.

5. Back To Top    #5

I would try to remove the blower first to see if you even need it. If the air vent is not too long it might work just fine.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Drilling holes can work, though it gives you more limited control than some of the more complex approaches.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I had an extra three-way valve laying around. I put it on my air vent line and it allows very precise control of the air flow into my spa.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit