Hayward HM250 ED2 Heater - "REMOTE" wiring to Pro Logic ?

Av8

Jan 3, 2015
Nevada
New to this great site full of info.

Question. I'm trying to "remotely" wire my old Hayward HM250 Pool Heater into my Pro Logic panel.

View attachment 34023

I've found plenty of manuals but nothing specific on where the terminal block is located inside the heater or a pic on what terminal posts to use on the terminal block. Further, the Hayward manual http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/H-series-Hxxx.pdf on page 19 and 20 make a vague reference to the "millivolt" heater but provide no depth of instruction/direction.

Inside shot of panel - notice no terminal block.

View attachment 34024

The only thing I can potentially guess is the terminal block is behind and inside the heater somewhere. Next, once, and if there is indeed a terminal block, what terminals do I hook the wires to? If there is no terminal block inside this heater I guess I'm just SOL.

Any experts out there that know the guts to these old heaters care to comment? Thanks

The Hayward ED2 and your heater are two different beasts. You could interrupt the transformer to switch wire and hook the Prologic wire between the two.

The Hayward ED2 and your heater are two different beasts. You could interrupt the transformer to switch wire and hook the Prologic wire between the two.

Ok, I'll interrupt the TR to Pressure switch line (W wire) and run two wires to the Pro Logic panel. Looks like a pretty easy "in-series" wiring diagram.

Done. I disconnected the wires between the two, ran two to the Pro Logic Panel and walah. Works perfect! Now I control my Heater by the Pro Logic panel...works sweet.

IMG_0274.JPG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.